Sunday, March 4, 2018

Potty Training

Does anyone actually like potty training?  I have been parenting for 15 years, and I still say it is the most difficult thing I have done as a parent!  I thought I was so good at parenting until I had to potty train.  Anyway, I'm at it again!  I knew I would have to do it at some point, but I put it off as long as possible! It turns out that wasn't such a bad thing!

Little Bit has been interested in potty training for about 6 months, but I have just hand my hands too full to add this to it!  I really wanted to send him back home already trained to make it easier and less expensive for bio mom.  So, I waited until Big Brother started weekend visits and I had Little Bit alone. 

It only took an hour or two of running around naked for him to figure out the feeling and to be able to tell me he needed to go.  Since then, he has been a rock star!! I cannot believe how well he is doing!  He wears "big boy" underwear at home and sometimes when we are out, but he still wears pull-ups to school and church because he does not want to poop in the potty.  He says it's scary!  I really don't understand why it is scary, but I know this is normal and remember this with all of my other children!  But guess what, he did it today because I told him he could have m&m's.  It took him 5 seconds to change his mind and get it done!

So, I'm hoping we are about to make it through potty training and be done! It's only been 2 weeks!  I am very happy that he will be able to go home at least mostly potty trained.  It will make it so much easier on mom and dad! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reunification....finally!

After 507 days in foster care, little bit finally got to go home...along with big brother and little sister!  What a bittersweet day!  He di...